Blueberry Corn muffins adapted from Silvana Nardone’s Cooking for Isaiah
1 cup All purpose flour blend
3/4 cups Martha White cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pint fresh blueberries, washed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup rice milk or other non-dairy milk
1/2 cup olive canola oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line or spray 12 cup cupcake pan with olive oil spray or cupcake liners
2. In a medium bowl whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine sugar, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in applesauce, then fold in blueberries.
4. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan until each cup is about 2/3 full.
5. Bake muffins on 400 for 6 minutes. Then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and complete baking until muffins are springy to touch or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean; about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool on a wire rack.