Almond Flaxseed Granola Bark slightly adapted from The Iron You’s Almond Flaxseed Yogurt Granola Bars3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 3/4 cup almond meal
½ cup flaxseed
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips
¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
⅓ cup pure raw honey
2 tablespoon raw coconut palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C) and place a rack in the middle. Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add almond meal and toast, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes until lightly darkened (being careful of not letting it burn).
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add flax seeds, almonds and salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine honey, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in the pan in which you toasted the almond meal. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.Pour over the almond meal mixture and stir until it is evenly distributed over the mixture.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then stir in chocolate chips. Scrape mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.