It’s no secret that I love flax. It is a mainstay in my daily diet consumed in the form of oil which I drink with water daily as well as flax seed meal (ground flaxseed) which I add to my breakfast smoothies and oatmeal.. Chock full of fiber and other A+mazing antioxidants flaxseed should be a fixture in all of our diets whether gluten free or not. Here are 5 reasons why you should be eating flax seed today.
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Flax
1. Flax is an excellent source omega-3 fatty acids which aids in improved brain function and heart health.
2. Rich source of potassium which is helpful for those who hate bananas.
3. For those (like myself) suffering from IBS, Chrons’ and other forms of colitis it has been found that flax calms inner lining of the inflamed intestines.
4. Flax can reduce high levels of cholesterol and aid in those looking to reduce high blood pressure through changes in their diet.
5. Nutritionist have found that flaxseed oil can be linked to reducing body fat which is why I add two tablespoons to a glass of water daily.