Well what a week! Who knew it be a cranberry kind of week. But really aren’t cranberries the perfect metaphor for life? Sweet and tart. A dichotomy in one? Maybe I’m reaching. Maybe I just love cranberries that much that I subconsciously and coincidentally created several recipes that incorporate my favorite berry. Maybe I’m rambling. No. I am rambling. So without further adieu let me get into sharing my Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake recipe. This cheesecake is a real crowd pleaser and perfectly highlights the best nuances of the A+mazing cranberry. The tart swirl of my cranberry jam is most wonderfully balanced by the delicately sweet and creamy cheesecake.
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
10 ounces gluten free graham crackers
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cranberry jam, pureed
1 cup cane sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
24 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp
Combine ingredients for crust in food processor and pulse until crumbly
Press into the bottom of a cheese cake, pie, or tart pan that has been coated with baking spray
1. Combine sugar and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (adding cream cheese one package at a time) and mix.
2. Beat in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Pour mixture into pan. Dollop four tablespoons of jam on top of batter. Using a tooth pick swirl the jam into the cheesecake batter.
5. Set into another larger pan filled with 2 inches of water.
6. Bake for 60 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then chill.
P.S This recipe makes one 9 or 10 inch deep dish cheesecake with plenty left over for 5-6 mini tarts (which I did for the photo op :)).