If you’ve followed the blog for any length of time you know that I love apples, apple butter, applesauce basically all things apples. I tastespotted these Baked Apple Butter Donuts over at the Wild Wild Whisk and had to give them a gluten free spin. I even used my own homemade apple butter. Get into the recipe below and let me know your thoughts.
Baked Apple Butter Donuts recipe adapted from Wild Wild Whisk
1 cup gf all purpose blend
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup + 2 teaspooons buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Nonstick spray, oil or butter for donut pan
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray donut pan with baking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat together the egg and sugar until light on medium speed using a hand mixer.
3. In a food processor pulse together the apple butter, oil, and vanilla . Fold this mixture into the egg and sugar.
4. In a small bowl sift together the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour .
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until well combined, add in butter milk last.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling wells 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake for 12 minutes until donuts are springy to touch. .
7. Remove the donuts from the pan and let them cool. Dust with powdered sugar.