There’s nothing like fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream on top of a moist pound cake on a sunny summer day. When I tastespotted this Sour Cream Pound Cake over on Baked By Rachel I knew that I had to adapt it gluten free. This is THE ultimate pound cake recipe. Seriously this pound cake is A+mazing and no one will know it is gluten free. Get into the recipe below. Happy Friday 🙂
Sour Cream Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and evenly coat a standard loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
1. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer on medium speed cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl using a silicon spatula.
3. Alternate additions of flour and sour cream until fully combined.
4. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan, level batter using spatula.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and sides are a medium golden color.
6. Cool in pan until easy to handle, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.