This easy to make Dark Chocolate Ganache is perfect when you want a quick icing and don’ t feel like (or have the time to) making butter cream. Smooth, simple, stunning. Get into the recipe after the jump.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
1. In a large heatproof bowl put in chocolate chips.
2. Bring the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Just before the cream starts to boil pour the cream into the chocolate chips and whisk together until smooth.
3. Add the butter and stir until shiny.
4. Place plastic wrap directly over the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
5. Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three weeks.
Photo credit: Kevin and Amanda