Cooking light and simple is the name of my food game. This simple and A+mazing Egg White Frittata follows that mantra. Full of fabulous flavor from my basil pesto made with produce straight from my garden, this frittata gives you all you need from this open face omelet without all the calories. Check out the recipe.
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons diced chervil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
5 egg whites
1 teaspoons milk
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & cracked black pepper
- Pesto: Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until smooth. Be sure not to over process, you want some texture to your pesto.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl add egg whites, milk, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and chervil. Whisk well.
3. Add two tablespoons pesto.
4. Spray small cast iron skillet. Over medium heat. Pour eggs evenly into skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the whites just set around the edges.
5. Transfer to oven and bake for 3-5 minutes (no more than five minutes) or until the frittata is set in the middle and lightly puffed. A knife inserted into the center of the frittata should come out clean.
6. Optional, sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese