Cherries are my fourth favorite fruit, next to apples, cranberries, and strawberries of course. So it is only natural that I tweaked recent Raspberry Almond Tart recipe and created this Bing Cherry-Almond Creme Cheese Tart. If the raspberry tart was A+mazing, this bing cherry cheesecakey version is out of this world. Don’t believe me? Just bake it for yourself and let me know.
Bing Cherry-Almond Creme Cheese Tart
10 ounces gluten free graham crackers
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon gf all purpose flour blend
2 cups sliced bing cherries
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients for crust in food processor and pulse until crumbly
3. Press into the bottom of a cheese cake, pie, or tart pan that has been coated with baking spray
4. Par bake for 11 minutes. Remove for oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
In a food processor combine:
• cream cheese
• 2/3 cups powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup sugar
1. Process until smooth.
2. Add almond flour, egg, whites, flour, almond extract, and vanilla extract
3. Process until smooth
4. Fold in sliced cherries. Pour evenly over crust.
5. Bake for 32-35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Store in refrigerator
Photo credit: ZenGuy
Those berries look gorgeous!
This sounds delicious! I love cherries!