Alas we’ve just about reached the end of August. School begins a week from tomorrow for me, and I’m so not ready. 😦 So many summer plans. So little time. I had planned a multitude of peach recipes to test bake this summer, yet in the end, only one was able to be crafted. But as they say, save the best for last and that was most certainly the case for this Fresh Peaches & Cremé Cobbler recipe. Fresh peaches and cremé cheese (yes cremé cheese) were the base for this delectable cobbler. The pastry crust is the best part; light, flaky, buttery, and better than your grandma’s. Ok. Maybe not better than grandma’s but I dare say this comes pretty darn close. Cremé is the not so secret ingredient that makes this cobbler recipe stand taller than the others. I promise you’ll be hard pressed not to eat the entire dessert (by yourself).
Fresh Peaches & Cremé Cobbler
1 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose blend
1 tablespoon cane sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3 ounces cream cheese
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until combined. Slowly beat in flour mixture until fully combined.
- Shape formed dough into a round ball. Cover and freeze for 12 minutes before rolling out.
4 large peaches, washed, peeled, and sliced thin
1 large egg
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Add sliced peaches to a medium bowl. Add water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream egg, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. Add cream cheese and beat on high until smooth. Fold over peaches until well coated. Pour into 8×8 baking dish.
- Remove pastry dough from freezer and roll out on a starch coated surface. Gently place rolled pastry over peach mixture.
- Bake on 350 for at least 35 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.