I’m thrilled to have the always festive Liz Creek as the guest chef on the blog this week! Liz Creek is the Founder of OMG! Gluten Free. She a celiac foodie, podcaster, and blogger friend and her splendorous recipe is one I couldn’t wait to share. So without further adieu
Hello Glutenators, I hope you’re hungry! The winter is quickly approaching and that can only mean one thing; I will be eating my body weight in horrible food. Without a doubt, every single year I begin to ferociously shovel high calorie and greasy food into my body. So this year, I wanted to end this delicious and viscous cycle. I took off to the kitchen and started to flip through all my favorite recipes in my mind. Man do I want Chinese. Voila! Chinese food! I decided to make a healthier version of my favorite meal. Today, I will showing you how to make incredibly simple, yet tasty Cauliflower Chicken Fried “rRice” Let’s cook.
- Medium sized skillet
- Blender/ Food Processor
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil ( Sesame Oil would also be great for this dish)
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c corn *
- 1/2 c peas *
- 1/2 c carrots *
- 1 lb organic chicken breast
- 4 tbsp San-J gluten free soy sauce
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
*Feel free to use a vegetable blend of all three vegetables or add in your favorites!
Let’s Get Started:
- Carefully wash and de-stem cauliflower
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces
- Blend cauliflower until it is a rice like consistency
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat
- Add 1 tbsp garlic
- Add cubed chicken to skillet, cook until 75% finished.
- Add vegetables
- When chicken and vegetables are thoroughly cooked, add cauliflower and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Move the mixture to the sides, creating a space and pour 2 scrambled eggs into the skillet
- When eggs are completely cooked, mix into the existing blend
- Add 4 tbsp of San-J gluten free soy sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this recipe out for yourself and feel free to make it your own! This healthy dish has quickly become a favorite that is asked for by my family. Happy eating, stay warm!
Beat the Wheat,