I whipped up this quick and easy granola as part of my meal planning for the road trip I took over the winter break. Initially, I was just going to toss a bunch of stuff together and call it “kitchen sink” granola. But as I started pulling ingredients out of my pantry I noticed that the flavor profile would be epic if I toasted the pecans, added sesame seeds, pumpkin spice and chocolate. In the end was a granola recipe I couldn’t keep to myself.
Coconut-Pecan Sesame Granola
3 cups gluten free rolled oats (Bob’s Red Mills)
1 cup toasted pecans
1 cup shredded coconut + 1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds + 1/4 teaspoon each: ginger, nutmeg and allspice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar + pinch of salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup + 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Spread pecans and sesame seeds in an even layer on a cookie sheet and toast. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, pecans cinnamon, salt, shredded coconut, palm sugar, and spices. Set aside. In a heat save bowl, melt coconut oil, add vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Fold in chocolate chips, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and raisins.
- Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes in a 250 degree oven. Turn half way through. Then increase oven temp to 350 and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least one hour .
Omg this sounds perfect!definitely going to try it out soon😛 thank you for sharing❤️