This past Sunday I was craving something chocolatey and sweet so I did what any normal foodie would do, go to Google and type in chocolate, sweet (and coconut). Cookies of course popped up and I immediately tastespotted these babies over on Something Swanky. Thirty minutes later and these cookies were cooling on my counter. Since they are made with coconut oil, they take longer to cool and set than “normal” gluten free cookies but that’s nothing that the freezer can’t fix. These cookies are more than amazing and my addition of flaked sea salt and Enjoy Life chocolate chunks (instead of chips) make them all the more decadent. I have a freezer full of cookie dough balls at the ready. Get into the recipe below.
Salted Coconut-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
½ cup coconut oil, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cup gluten free all-purpose flour blend
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a hand mixer cream together the softened coconut oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract until creamy, light, and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop cookie dough on to sil mat 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each with flaked sea salt Bake for 9 minutes until the edges are set.
- Cookies will need to remain on mat for at least 30 minutes since coconut oil will take time to set or you can place in freezer for 15-20 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe originally found on Something Swanky