Our Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies countdown continues with this A+mazing Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. A combination of scratch made rich nutty brown butter, pecans, and chocolate chips make these cookies irresistible. I promise they’ll be barely cooled before you are popping them in your mouth one..two…gone.
Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 ¾ cups gluten free all-purpose flour blend
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon sea salt, save
1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
1 ¾ sticks unsalted butter
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted, and then continue to cook, swirling the pan constantly until the butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma. About 6 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat and transfer the butter to a large heatproof bowl.
- Let cool slightly and then refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until the butter is slightly solid but not hard.
Add the cooled butter along with:
- Both sugars,
- and vanilla to a mixing bowl and using hand mixer, mix until light and fluffy 3-5 minutes.
- Large egg
- and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans
- Using a ice cream scoop place dough on baking spray prepared cookie sheet in rows of three.
- Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with sea salt.
- Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown around, about 11 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cook completely before serving.