Ina Garten is one of my favorite celebrity cooks so it should come as no surprise that I adapted one of her cookie recipes. This gem was adapted in 2015 and it remains one of my all time favorite cookies to bake.
This gem remains one of my all time favorite cookie recipes.
Pecan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3 cups gluten free oats
1 ½ gluten free flour blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups golden raisins
1 ½ pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Place pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Coarsely chop.
2. In a medium bowl shift together flour blend, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time and pure vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in oats, raisins, and chopped pecans.
5. Separate dough into 3 inch balls using an icecream scoop or a tablespoon on parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake until lightly brown for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
7. Let sit on sheet for at least 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to completely cool.