What better way to spend the day before Christmas than to make your own from scratch graham crackers. These Hazelnut Almond Graham Crackers are the bees knees and perfect by themselves, as a crust (for cheesecake), or stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows for smores.
Hazelnut Almond Graham Crackers
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1 cup almond meal
1 cup potato flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside
- In a food processor cream together butter, brown sugar, and honey. Sift in dry ingredients alternating with almond milk and pure vanilla until fully combined.Dough will be wet.
- Transfer to plastic wrap, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough, roll out on a rice floured surface and cut into rectangles using a knife.
- Bake 12-13 minutes until brown on edges. Allow to cool completely before pulsing to use for crust.
Photo credit: Cheap Recipe Blog