And we made it! The 12th day of Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies 2017. On this 12th day I’ve left the inspiration to the Brown Eyed Baker with these Dark Chocolate Chunk Eggnog Cookies. This post is from 2013 and these cookies are just as amazing now as they were then. These cookies are light and moist in the center with crispy edges just as I like them. The eggnog flavor is subtle but perfectly enhances this chocolate chip cookie.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Eggnog Cookies
1 cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
6 tablespoons earth balance
1/4 cup Silk “Nog”
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Enjoylife Mega Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat the earth balance and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggnog, egg yolk, vanilla extract and nutmeg; continue beating on medium speed until completely combined, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop (1 or 2 tablespoons), drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake from 20 to 25 minutes (longer for larger cookies), or until the edges are set and the centers spring back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven and, using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Photo credit: Brown Eyed Baker