I fell in love with quinoa back in 2013 and haven’t stopped loving it since. Quinoa is quite the super grain as it is naturally gluten free, protein packed, and an excellent source of fiber. It can be used as a replacement for rice, oats, and eaten on its own. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that quinoa would be on the menu when I sat down with the F. Oliver team to brainstorm recipes for my March gluten free wellness demo at Hart’s Local Grocers. This recipe for Strawberry Quinoa Salad is the perfect introduction to spring and features F. Oliver’s amazing strawberry infused balsamic vinegar.
The blog has quite a few quinoa salad recipes (see here and here) and this one is elevated by the addition of roasted strawberries and my tantalizing Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette . This salad is not only gluten free but vegan. The feta cheese is optional and a delicious addition should you want to contrast the natural sweetness of the strawberry balsamic with a tantalizing bite. Otherwise, this quinoa salad is perfect on its own.
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons F. Oliver’s Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 chopped white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, halved & roasted
- Stawberry Poppyseed Vinegrette
- Sea salt, black pepper, plus more oil and balsamic to drizzle
- Warm F. Oliver’s Fresh Bright Basil Olive Oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic & onions, and until slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add dry quinoa, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. Add veggie stock, F. Oliver’s Farmstand Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in spinach, and allow quinoa to cool completely.
- After quinoa has cooled completely; toss in strawberries, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and feta (optional) as well as additional salt, pepper to taste.
- Right before serving drizzle with fresh Strawberry Poppyseed Vinegrette