This post originally happened last summer and I cannot wait to have it againthis upcoming weekend as I have strawberry and raspberry picking on my agenda. I love the blogger life and having a digital recipe box to pull from for just about any occasion.
From Scratch Pineapple Sherbert
I planned to share this Pineapple Sherbert recipe on Monday since I thought it would be the perfect accompaniment to your Memorial Day feasts. That clearly fell through. Fortunately, when it comes to frozen treats and ice cream any day is a good day to make a batch of homemade ice cream. I tastespotted this recipe over at Honest Cooking, pinned it immediately and prepared it for my 540WMain Open House. It was a huge hit and I couldn’t not share it with all if you.
This is more like a super rich sherbet than ice cream . It does contain dairy but I am working on a dairy free and refined sugar free version that I will share soon. In the meantime check out this super simple recipe below.
From Scratch Pineapple Sherbert recipe and photo courtesy of Honest Cooking
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a bowl add heavy cream, half and half and milk and rest of sugar and mix well. Make sure to dissolve the sugar completely. Place in freezer.
- In medium sauce bowl cook pineapple with sugar in a medium flame for 30 minute s until pineapple and sugar begin to caramelize.
- Once it is cool enough to touch, puree pineapple.
- Add cream/ half and half- milk mixture to pineapple puree and pulse until combined.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze overnight
P.S. Ever wonder what’s the difference between sherbert and ice cream? Come back on Friday to find out 🙂
Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies: Pumpkin Cheesecake + Shortbread Bars (Day 8))
It wasn’t until this year working in my bakery and (awesome) business partner that I started loving pumpkin flavored desserts. These quick shortbread cheesecake bars combine the best features of cheesecake atop a soft buttery shortbread cookie crust. The pumpkin flavor is an added bonus as is the nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice oh my. I think I’m making myself drool all over again just writing this post. Get into these cheesecake bars before the pumpkin season unofficially come to an end. Continue reading