I created this Pasta & Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/White Garlic Sauce to use up the veggies I had on hand. It turned out to be one of those awesome throw together meals that I plan to make again.
Pasta & Roasted Sweet Potatoes w/White Garlic Sauce
2 cups Tinkyada brown rice pasta shells
1/2 head of cauliflower, broken apart and washed
2 medium sweet potatoes, washed, peeled, and chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 package mushrooms
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cups rice milk
1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/2 water, used as a thickener
3 tablespoons olive oil
To taste: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degree F. Spread cauliflower and sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes. Set aside
- Prepare pasta according to directions in a large cooking pot.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil, garlic, and onions over medium heat browning until soft about 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water, slowly stirring to create a rue.
- Add in mushrooms, rice milk, and frozen peas. Turn heat to medium setting and continue sauteing 7-10 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste.
- When roasted vegetables are finished add these to skillet and continue sauteing vegetables another 10 minutes.
- Add pasta tossing with garlic sauce. Add onion and garlic powder to taste and allow to simmer on low heat 7-10 minutes.
- Plate and serve.