This recipe was originally shared on February 3, 2016 and was tastespired by a recipe I tastespotted over on Something Swanky. Since then, I’ve fallen more in love with coconut oil and coconut flour in baking. I cannot wait to share those with you throughout 2018. Get into the recipe below.
Salted Coconut-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
½ cup coconut oil, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cup gluten free all-purpose flour blend
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a hand mixer cream together the softened coconut oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract until creamy, light, and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop cookie dough on to sil mat 2 inches apart. Sprinkle each with flaked sea salt Bake for 9 minutes until the edges are set.
- Cookies will need to remain on mat for at least 30 minutes since coconut oil will take time to set or you can place in freezer for 15-20 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe originally found on Something Swanky