It’s no secret that chocolate chip cookies are my favorite so this isn’t by far one of the best chocolate chip recipes I’ve ever adapted. My version of the cookies adds toasted pecans which give these already A+mazing cookies added depth of flavor. Check out the original post from August 2015 here and the recipe below.
Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from Tina Jeffries: Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 ¾ cups gluten free all-purpose flour blend
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon sea salt, save
1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
1 ¾ sticks unsalted butter
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted, and then continue to cook, swirling the pan constantly until the butter is dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma. About 6 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat and transfer the butter to a large heatproof bowl.
- Let cool slightly and then refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until the butter is slightly solid but not hard.
Add the cooled butter along with:
- Both sugars,
- and vanilla to a mixing bowl and using hand mixer, mix until light and fluffy 3-5 minutes.
- Large egg
- and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans
- Using a ice cream scoop place dough on baking spray prepared cookie sheet in rows of three.
- Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with sea salt.
- Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown around, about 11 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cook completely before serving.
These look delicious. I will have to try them. This is an idea I am trying to spread this holiday season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hidlnk1NC10 If you like it, please share it. Thanks, Rita
The cookies look delicious.