My bundt cake streak continues with this Hot Cocoa Bundt Cake that I tastespotted over on the Cookies and Cups blog. I took the best elements of this cake (the hot cocoa) and married them with my tried and true gluten free chocolate cake recipe. This is my first time baking my chocolate cake in a bundt pan and it turned out amazing. Get into the recipe and be sure to have a slice of this decadent cake for breakfast with a mug of hot cocoa or coffee.
Hot Cocoa Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend
3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 cup + 2 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄2 cup rice milk
1⁄2 cup brewed hot chocolate (may use water or non-dairy milk)
2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dry hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar in bowl and set aside
- In a Kitchenaid stand mixer, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy; about 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the oil and continue mixing until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Combine the rice milk, coffee (or other liquid), and vanilla and add all at once. Beat until just combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Spray Bundt pan generously with non-stick spray.
- Slowly pour mixture into Bundt pan
- Bake 60- 70 minutes
- Allow cake to cool completely before glazing
- In small saucepan over low heat melt chocolate, dry hot chocolate mix, rice milk and vegan margarine together until melted, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes
- Pour over cooled cake
Source: Cookies & Cups