This Curry Cabbage Stirfry is the perfect vegan gluten free alternative to The Traditional Corn Beefed and Cabbage often used to celebrate St. Patty’s day. The curry and spice give it a an extra kick,
Curry Cabbage Stirfry
- ½ head of green cabbage washed, rinsed and chopped (medium to large size pieces are ok)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (buy minced garlic in a jar)
- ¼ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 table spoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Additional salt, cracked black pepper, and curry powder to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet heat olive oil over medium heat and add curry powder to hot oil.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and sautee until tender slowly adding ¼ cup of the water.
- When onions and garlic are browned and tender; add in chopped cabbage and an additional ½ cup of water.
- Continue to sautee cabbage on medium heat while adding apple cider vinegar, cracked black pepper, salt and more curry powder to taste.