the gluten free chef
5 Fun Facts About Sorghum
1. Sorghum is one of the top cereal crops in the world.
2. Right before it is harvested sorghum is red in color.
3. Some types of sweet sorghum are grown to produce syrup.
4. Africa produces the largest amount of sorghum as it was originally cultivated in Egypt.
5. Sorghum was probably brought to the United States by African slaves, who cultivated it in the Southern states.
Sorghum Flour Blend courtesy of The Celiac Cookbook
7 1/2 cups sorghum flour
11⁄2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca starch
1. Combine flours in a seal container.
Photo credit: Wisegeek