Vegan Black Bean Brownies w/Peanut Butter adapted from orignal recipe courtesy The Minimalist Baker
1 15 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
2 large flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or sub other oil of choice)
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I like Ghiraldelli)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoom pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
¼ cup peanut butter
¾ cup cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients (and puree – about 3 minutes until the batter is thick and smooth.
4. If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
6. Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.