I love a graham cracker crust. It’s my go to for many desserts and comes in handy most especially in the summer. From cheesecake to lemon bars, the uses for graham crust are endless. It’s for this reason that a from scratch gluten free un-graham graham cracker crust has been on my to do list for some time now. If you remember my All About Graham Flour post, you know that graham flour contains gluten. Of course, store bought pulsed gluten free graham cracker’s are my go to; but this A+mazing scratch version is simply wonderful. It’s a little involved but very much worth the trouble. What makes it even better is that it incorporates hazelnut meal which is a first for this gluten free chef. Get into the recipe if you dare, and keep it locked for hazelnut making another appearance (or two) in the future.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1 cup almond meal
1 cup potato flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside
- In a food processor cream together butter, brown sugar, and honey. Sift in dry ingredients alternating with almond milk and pure vanilla until fully combined.Dough will be wet.
- Transfer to plastic wrap, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough, roll out on a rice floured surface and cut into rectangles using a knife.
- Bake 12-13 minutes until brown on edges. Allow to cool completely before pulsing to use for crust.