My journey to organic DIY personal care products by the end of 2016 continues with this DIY Organic Coconut Tea Tree Oil Deodorant. I’ve always wanted to try making my own deodorant but have been leery about the results. It wasn’t until a co-worker gave her seal of approval that I decided to give it ago. Per usual, her suggested recipe not only works but is so awesome I wish I had switched a long time ago. Simple. Cheaper. Better. Natural wins again.
DIY Coconut Tea Tree Oil Deodorant
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil measured then melted
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 3-4 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 drops essential tea tree oil
- Melt coconut oil, add soda, arrowroot powder, and tea tree oil drops. Mix until thick but pourable paste forms. You make add more or less arrowroot depending on how firm you want your deodorant once it sets. I like mine on the firmer side. Pour mixture into an empty prescription pill bottle. Allow to set before using.