This recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies is the recipe that started my Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies series back in 2014 and I remember why. These soft billowy cookies are perfect for this time of the year. Perfect for a Sunday morning. Perfect with a cup of Chai Tea.
This recipe started the Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies series back in 2014.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 shredded carrots carrots
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cups and 2 tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour blend
3/4 cups gluten free oats
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Mix in finely shredded carrots, vanilla and eggs. With mixer running on low, add remaining dry ingredients in (reserving chocolate chips), mixing until no streaks remain. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for atleast 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet a silicone baking mat.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop and place dough 2-inches apart. Using the palm of your hand, firmly press down to create a 1/2-inch thick disc of cookie dough.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Allow cookies to rest for 2 minutes prior to transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.