Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies Day 2
I created these delicious delights last year and they continue to be a fan favorite. These cookies are a loaded version of the classic oatmeal raisin cookie and features peanut butter, golden raisins, coconut, and chocolate chips. I promise you won’t be able to eat just one.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats,
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (preferably Enjoy life brand)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix oats and baking soda in small bowl. Set aside
- In a stand mixer combine brown sugar, cane sugar, vanilla, and butter. Blend in peanut butter then eggs one at a time.
- Fold in chocolate chips, coconut, and golden raisins using a spatula. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from chiller and using a icecream scoop, scoop cookies on to a silpat lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with sea salt. Bake for 11 minutes. Take out of oven allow to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about three dozen. (Recipe can be halved)