Twelve Days of Gluten Free Cookies
I originally shared these beauties back in October 2015. I love blondies as they are the perfect marriage of cookie and brownie. These A+mazing Salted Cinnamon Sugar Caramel Apple Blondies are rich, decadent, and simple to throw together any time of the year. Salted Cinnamon Sugar Caramel Apple Blondies
1+1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup oil
1 large egg + 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
For the cinnamon sugar, combine:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon,
For the caramel filling:
- 30 soft caramel candy squares
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- sea salt, sprinkle
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla, until smooth and blended. Add flour mixture and beat until well-combined. Batter will be thick. Fold in diced apples.
- Spoon about 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Even sprinkle with one layer of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together caramel candies and heavy cream, stirring constantly so the mixture doesn’t burn. Once caramel is completely melted and smooth, drizzle half over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter in dollops over caramel, then swirl it in gently with a knife. Top with another layer of cinnamon sugar mixture
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out with a few, moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes, ader cooled for 10 minutes drizzle with remaining caramel and sprinkle with sea salt before cutting into squares and serving.