Everyone who’s anyone in the kitchen knows that a simple shortbread recipe is a necessity in your recipe repertoire. My easy does it Shortbread Cookie recipe is just that recipe. Easy to make and even easier to bake this cookie can be the base for almost any cookie flavor combination.
Simple Shortbread Cookies
½ cup powdered sugar
2 sticks real unsalted butter
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once blended slowly add the flour.
- Continue to mix together until mixture becomes a soft dough (it’ll be crumb like at the beginning…keep mixing and it will turn to dough.
- If needed, add 1-2 Tablespoons of water
- Add flavors, extracts, or accoutrements as necessary.
- Roll out and cut into desired shape.
This recipe can be baked according to any standard short bread cookie recipe about 8-9 minutes on a silpat.