It wasn’t until this year working in my bakery and (awesome) business partner that I started loving pumpkin flavored desserts. These quick shortbread cheesecake bars combine the best features of cheesecake atop a soft buttery shortbread cookie crust. The pumpkin flavor is an added bonus as is the nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice oh my. I think I’m making myself drool all over again just writing this post. Get into these cheesecake bars before the pumpkin season unofficially come to an end.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Shortbread Bars
Shortbread (cookie) crust
½ cup powdered sugar
2 sticks real unsalted
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Once blended, add the flour. Continue to mix together until mixture becomes a soft dough (it’ll be crumb like at the beginning…keep mixing and it will turn to dough. If needed, add 1-2 Tablespoons of water).
4. Press dough firmly into the bottom of a 11×9 Pyrex baking dish.
5. Par bake for 11 minutes then remove from oven
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
9 ounces pure pumpkin puree
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
16 ounces cream cheese
1 cup cane sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon all spice
1. Using a stand mixer or or food processor blend sugar and cream cheese. Beat in yogurt, pumpkin vanilla, salt, and spices. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each. Pour into prepared shortbread crust and bake for 50-55 minutes until cheesecake is set.
2. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.