Lemon Sorbet adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 lemon’s peel, finely diced using a food processor
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice, juice about 2 lemons
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 egg whites
- In a saucepan, stir together the diced lemon peel, 1 cup of water and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
- In a pitcher or bowl, stir together the lemon syrup with peel and lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form about 2 minutes. Fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Garnish each serving with a twist of lemon peel.