This Lemon Thyme Talapia is oven broiled in a foil pouch infusing the bold flavors of lemon and fresh thyme deep into the fish. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and the oven does most of the work so you can relax. You can also try the same method on an outdoor grill. A simple and delicious meal for the dog days of the summer.
Lemon Thyme Talapia
2 talapia fillets rinsed and patted dry
1/2 lemon, cut into six slices
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. red pepper
4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
2 tbsp. sea salt
2 tbsp minced garlic
To Taste: cracked black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
1. Preheat oven or grill to 425 degrees
1. Cut two sheets of aluminum foil and lay each talapia fillet across each sheets.
2. Evenly coat both sides of each talapia fillet with cracked black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
3. Then spread 1 tsp of minced garlic over one side of each talapia fillet.
3. Coat 1 tsp of red pepper flakes over each fillet coating one side then top each fillet with 3 lemon slices and drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over each fillet.
4. Top each fillet with 2 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme then fold foil creating a sealed pouch around each fillet
5. Place each pouch on oven rack or grill and cook fillets for 35-40 minutes.