This Simple Stove Top Strawberry Jam was inspired by my love of summer and strawberries. It’s very similar to the Cranberry Jam that I make every winter. See how easy it is to make by following the steps in this A+mazing visual recipe tutorial. You won’t regret it.
Watch the Youtube video (above) then follow each step of the recipe through the photos. Continue reading
Eureka! This is what I exclaimed when I tasted the smooth, creamy, refreshing, and tartly sweet taste of these Simple Lemon Bars. Eureka, also happens to be the most common type of lemon that we use in our every day baking and cooking. I love lemons and I love these lemon bars that I adapted from Ina Gartens recipe. Of course my version is gluten free with a graham cracker crust. Continue reading
This Lemon Thyme Talapia is oven broiled in a foil pouch infusing the bold flavors of lemon and fresh thyme deep into the fish. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and the oven does most of the work so you can relax. You can also try the same method on an outdoor grill. A simple and delicious meal for the dog days of the summer.
Lemon Thyme Talapia Ingredients
2 talapia fillets rinsed and patted dry
1/2 lemon, cut into six slices
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. red pepper
4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
2 tbsp. sea salt
2 tbsp minced garlic
To Taste: cracked black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
1. Preheat oven or grill to 425 degrees
1. Cut two sheets of aluminum foil and lay each talapia fillet across each sheets.
2. Evenly coat both sides of each talapia fillet with cracked black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
3. Then spread 1 tsp of minced garlic over one side of each talapia fillet.
3. Coat 1 tsp of red pepper flakes over each fillet coating one side then top each fillet with 3 lemon slices and drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over each fillet.
4. Top each fillet with 2 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme then fold foil creating a sealed pouch around each fillet
5. Place each pouch on oven rack or grill and cook fillets for 35-40 minutes.
One of the food blogs that I frequent on a daily basis is Alaska from Scratch. When I saw her Lemon Pudding Cake, I knew I had to try it. This cake is simple to assemble and bake. I made a few adaptations which I have listed below. Click the hyperlink below or photo to the left to view the original recipe.
Making lemonade from the lemons that this journey called life deal me seems to be the reverberating theme of the moment. That being said, this weekend was an epic fail as I was knee deep in an awful flare that is still consuming me. Ever determined, I was able to catch fleeting moments of productivity and make these sweet and tart confections for today’s weekend roundup post. Unlike my body, the Lemon Sorbet and Lemon Pudding Cake were nothing short of awesome. Both desserts are A+mazing and the fact that I rose above my “lemon” of a body and made these confections makes their sweet taste all the more satisfying.
What “lemons” did you overcome this past weekend? Hopefully, none and your weekend was nothing but sweet. Recipes for free on Wednesday.