This post originally happened last summer and I cannot wait to have it againthis upcoming weekend as I have strawberry and raspberry picking on my agenda. I love the blogger life and having a digital recipe box to pull from for just about any occasion.
I’ve had a field day this summer picking fresh berries and baking all sorts of treats with my gleanings. This pitch perfect Raspberry Almond Tart sings summer and incorporates almond flour; thus killing two birds with one stone (but not really) of my summer to do list. Get into this recipe that I adapted from a taste-spot in Family Circle magazine.
Raspberry Almond Tart adapted from reciped found in Family Circle
10 ounces gluten free graham crackers
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup almond flour
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon gf all purpose flour blend
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
12 ounces fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients for crust in food processor and pulse until crumbly
3. Press into the bottom of a cheese cake, pie, or tart pan that has been coated with baking spray
4. Par bake for 11 minutes. Remove for oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
In a food processor combine:
• 1/2 cup sugar
1. Process until smooth.
2. Add almond flour, egg, whites, flour and almond extract
3. Process until smooth
4. Toss in raspberries. Pour evenly over crust.
5. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Store in refrigerator