Zucchini is one of my favorite types of squash and I have several recipes that incorporate the mildly flavored summer gourd on the blog (here, here, & here) . Still, I don’t know why it took me so long to jump on the “zoodle” (zucchni+noodle) trend. My first foray was a LIVE demonstration at last year’s Rochester Home & Garden Show which led to a Cooking & Baking with Zucchini class.
I’m revisiting the “zoodle” for this month’s demo at Harts Local Grocers for the masses. Even though veggie noodles have been a long standing trend in the food world; the masses are still catching on and spiralizing zucchini to replace and/or supplment wheat based pasta isn’t something that most people think to do.
This Meyer Lemon Zucchini Pasta w/ Artichokes is the perfect foray into veggie based noodles and the addition fo F. Oliver’s Fresh Pressed Meyer Lemon Olive Oil & their Reserve Balsamic elevate a very simple dish from good to great. The Myer lemon olive oil has an aroma that makes you feel like you are eating under a fresh Meyer lemon tree and the balsamic is out of this world. This recipe truly demonstrate the joy of gluten free vegan cooking. Taking fresh, simple, veggies and transforming them into something special with the right touch off artisanal finishes.
Meyer Lemon Zucchini Pasta w/ Artichokes
- 1 package Tinkyada Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 6 zucchini washed & spiralized
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced (use jar artichokes)
- 3/4 cup F. Oliver’s Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic
- 1/4 cup F. Oliver’s Fresh Pressed Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- To taste: salt, cracked black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes
- Fill a medium stock pots about halfway with water and set to boil. Add pasta and boil according to package directions.When pasta is ready, drain, rinse under cold water and add to a large bowl.
- Add spiralized zucchini, minced garlic, and artichokes. Zoodles do not need to be cooked.
- Add F. Oliver’s Felix Oliver’s Special Reserve Balsamic, F. Oliver’s Fresh Pressed Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, salt, cracked black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, and sugar. You may add more oil and/or cider vinegar and sugar according to your taste.
- Recipe is best prepared and refrigerated 2-3 hours prior to serving or the day before.